Parents play a critical role in ensuring the CMLAC season and competitions run properly. As a Club run entirely by volunteers, we have some expectations for ALL parents / guardians of registered athletes:
- Our Saturday and Wednesday Twilight competitions are not a “dump and run” environment. We need parents to help measure jumps and throws, get their age groups to the start lines, scan barcodes after each race and multiple other tasks. Without parents there to help, we can’t record results. Also, as the finish time each week changes based on how quickly each age group rotates through their events, we need parents to be around for when their athletes finish their competitions
- Throughout the season, each age group will be on duty to set up and pack up for the Saturday and Wednesday Twilight competitions. When everyone chips in, this doesn’t take long! We just need everyone to play their part in our community so it’s not left each week to a few people to do
- If you want to get even more involved in our wonderful community, the 2 best ways are:
- Become an Age Group Manager. If you are interested, please see Matt Davison (President) or Tina Paterson (Vice President)
- Join the CMLAC Committee. We’re a super fun bunch, volunteering our time in addition to working and parenting. This means we all do what we can and the time commitment is up to you. We still have some Committee roles we are looking to fill, so if you want to hear more please contact Matt Davison (President) or Tina Paterson (Vice President).